Monday, August 4, 2008

Random weirdness: prepositions

I have no idea why this popped into my head or why I felt compelled to put it on my blog, but here it is. This is a tribute to my middle school English teacher, Mrs. Clark (I think it was 7th grade, but I'm not sure)...She made us memorize a list of prepositions, and I just realized that I can still remember and recite them as she taught us:

is, are, was, were, has, have, had, do, did, done, does, can, could, will, would, shall, should, may, might, must, be, been, being, am, become, became

Considering I don't have the best memory in the world, I'm pretty surprised that I can remember something like this from so long ago...It had to have been about 17 years ago!!! I don't know if this will be something that I'll actually use in real life, but if nothing else, it may help me on Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader! :)

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Hey I remember those! I thought it was Mrs Berg though, I have an awful memory, I don't even remember Mrs Clark!?! So sad of me!:)

cami said...

You're absolutely right, Shawna...It was Mrs. Berg. I was picturing her and thinking Mrs. Berg, yet for some reason I typed Clark...Duh! I don't even remember typing Clark -- I had to go back and re-read my post to see what you were talking about. I admit it...I'm a jackass! :) lol At least I know someone's reading these!!!

Shawna said...

LOL! I had to call my sisters and mom, I was like I totally don't even remember a Mrs Clark, they didn't either and I thought wow how could I forget that! TOO FUNNY! Have a good one!:)