Saturday, August 16, 2008

Misc pics...

These pics may not be too exciting for most of you, but considering there isn't a lot to do here, it's the best I can do.

Last weekend, Eric and I went to Idaho Falls for a festival-type event. It was our first time attending, and I'll be honest, it may be our last. It wasn't very exciting at all. I suppose it may have been better if we had kids, as they had a lot of kid-specific events (crafts, noise-makers, painting, etc.), but not much for adults to do. We did check out a small car show along the way, but that was about as exciting as it got. However, we made the best of it and at least got some exercise walking the entire greenbelt bike path (6 miles). Here are a couple scenic pics I snapped of the Idaho Falls Greenbelt.

You can see the Idaho Falls LDS Temple (in the distance) in the top pic, while the second pic is just of the waterfalls...


We went to the Madison County Fair (here in town) this afternoon, and I must say that this has to be the smallest fair I've ever been to! You could seriously walk the entire thing in 15 minutes or less! Now I grew up in a very small community too, but we knew how to have a real county fair. We had TONS of horses, cows, sheep, goats, pigs and many more animals. We also had at least 50 different places to eat greasy fair food. And more importantly, we had RIDES! The Madison Fair has zero rides, which makes it hard for me to understand how it's called a fair in the first place. They do have a bouncehouse/slide for the little ones, but that's it. So once you walk through the single animal building, the very tiny 4-H display, and a commercial building with about 6 vendors, the only thing left to see are the rodeo events. I've never been a huge fan of rodeos, but I'll be honest and say that I really enjoyed watching the little cowboys and cowgirls ride today. I snapped a few pics to try and show you how unbelievable cute these kids are. We're talking some kids as young as three or four riding sheep! You should be able to click on the pics to see them larger if you want.


Little cowboy riding his sheep...


Little cowgirl riding her sheep...


ADORABLE little cowboys after they rode their sheep (2 pics)...I so wanted to steal these little guys and take em' home with me!



And last, but not least, here's a pic I snapped of some baby goats snuggling in the animal building...who doesn't love cute baby animals cuddling? Awwww! :)


Oh and since I have no shame, I thought I'd throw in a couple pics of me being silly in front of the webcam at home recently...


I really have too much time on my hands sometimes! LOL :)

No comments: