Thursday, July 31, 2008

Satisfied...

Anyone who knows me probably knows that grocery shopping is one of my least favorite chores. I'm not really sure why I don't like it, but I don't. Maybe it goes back to my childhood and always being allowed to pick out a toy or treat...and now nobody gives me a treat, so the excitement is gone. :) Regardless of my logic or lack thereof, I see no way to get out grocery shopping, so I decided to tackle the task today. In an effort to try and be more frugal, I've recently started creating menus each week, which I can then easily convert to shopping lists. My journey always begins at WalMart (unfortunately it's not a Super WalMart, so the selection isn't very good) where I pick up canned goods, lemonade and a few other items. Then I head next door to Albertsons -- one of two grocery stores in town. The other store is always packed with college students, so I prefer to avoid that madness for my own sanity. Anyhow, I had already checked off half of my list at WalMart, so I really only needed produce, meat and milk. I gathered all the veggies on my list and proceded to the meat section. I intended on getting chicken breasts, pork chops, a little ground beef and a small beef roast, which I did get. But I was pretty darn excited to see that both pork chops and beef roasts were packaged with a bright orange buy one get one free sticker. So I ended up getting two packs of pork chops for about $8 and two nice roasts for about $13. I was so impressed with my bargain purchases that I had to take a pic to share with you. I don't know for sure, but I assume all Albertsons stores would have these. This is a win win for me, because not only did I get a good deal, but now I won't have to buy as much next trip.

This has actually been a pretty good day. Not only did my shopping trip turn out well, but I had received a call from my friend and old neighbor, Jenny, and she asked if I wanted to come visit with her at the park. I headed over there and hung out for about an hour or so before forcing myself to go shopping. I enjoyed catching up with her and seeing her adorable boys, as it had been a couple months...I could've stayed all day. Thanks for inviting me, Jenny!

One quick side note: My friend Stephanie (Eric's cousin's wife) is having some "female" surgery this afternoon, and I know she's scared about the procedure. I know she'll be fine, but if you could please say an extra prayer for her, I'd really appreciate it. She's a wonderful person, and I adore her! Hope you recover quick, Steph!

No comments: