Friday, September 19, 2008

Quirky things

Just for fun, I thought I'd share some quirky things that you probably don't know about me.

* While I've never actually been diagnosed with OCD, I believe that I have small doses of the disorder. For example, I always have to check the doors multiple times to ensure they're locked before going to bed or leaving the condo, even though I know I've already checked. Another example, one that will probably get a chuckle out of you because it's so strange, is that I have to apply my deodorant with 18 swipes under each arm! Why 18, you ask? I have no idea! I'm not even sure when it started, but I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. My mom used to joke that I ate my deodorant, because as you can imagine, I go through a stick fairly quick. There are a few other things I do that probably fall into the OCD category as well, but nothing major. I would be concerned if these things drastically affected my quality of life, but since they don't, I just laugh it off. :)

* I'm a list person. I make lists for pretty much anything, and then I make lists for my other lists! For example, Eric and I decided to go camping late spring. So I immediately started making lists of what food we needed to buy and what needed packed. Once those were done, I had to make "better" lists to organize what I had already written. Craziness I tell you!

* When I was little, I would sleep on my belly with my butt sticking straight up in the air. :)

* Because I'm such a picky eater and it really does affect my life, I got desperate and went to a hypnotist in California to try and change some of my eating habits. It didn't necessarily work miracles, BUT before I was hypnotized I couldn't eat anything green (not to mention a ton of other things) or I would literally gag...Since being hypnotized, I can at least try some new things without gagging, and I'll actually eat a salad now. That's real progress for me, people.

If you didn't already know how weird I am, now you do!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Wilder Family said...

I got a kick out of your 18 strokes of deodorant under each arm!