Sunday, February 1, 2009

Update...

I know I haven't posted much lately, but honestly I've been on the go pretty much non-stop over the last month or so. I finally realized I needed to stop wallowing in my sorrows and get off my butt and start having some fun, so I did. The good part is that I'm rarely bored, and I'm having a lot of fun. The down side is that I'm a little sleep-deprived these days. A typical night consists of a bedtime around 3am, which is completely bizarre to me! For someone who has always needed about 8 hours of sleep each night, I'm actually functioning pretty well on about 4 hours a night. But I have incorporated a nap into my routine on Saturdays or Sundays, so I'm sure that helps. :) I've been meeting up with a bunch of old friends, and it's pretty cool to see everyone as adults. We go out to the bars, play darts, play Wii, watch movies, hang out and whatever else sounds like fun. I've also been going to my niece and nephew's ball games. My niece is an 8th grade cheerleader (took after her aunt Cami!), so I've been going to watch her cheer on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's fun to watch her do many of the same cheers I did back in middle and high school...brings back some great memories! My nephew Luke is on a basketball league for 10-year-old boys, and I just saw him play on Saturday afternoon. He had 2 points and 2 rebounds, so I was proud of him. I've been out of state for so long, so I really enjoy getting to go to these things.

Other than all that, I've been really good about my workout routine. I created a spreadsheet to help me keep track of the frequency of my workouts, as well as what particular exercises I'm doing each time. In looking at the spreadsheet this morning, I was proud to see that I'd only skipped two days of working out during the entire month of January. While I admit that it's very hard for me to drag my butt out of bed every morning at 6:30, once I get on my bike and get moving, I'm so happy to be doing it. As of today, I've lost 70.5 lbs from my highest weight and 57.5 lbs since April 08'. Additionally, I'm losing inches like crazy and toning pretty much everywhere. I'm really starting to like my new body and am enjoying the boost in confidence from all my hard work. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually looking forward to bathing suit shopping this year -- although glad it's still a few months away. :) In the last two weeks, I was super excited to fit into cute juniors size jeans again, which I happily bought (2 pair) and have worn everyday! Ideally, I'd still like to lose another 10-15 lbs, and I'm confident it'll happen. But honestly I'm just happy to be in a healthy weight range and to be feeling as good as I do. I've come to realize that working out will always be a part of my lifestyle going forward, and I like that. I know that I have to hold myself accountable, and that's important to me now, unlike before. My mindset has completely changed during this last year, and I finally realize that I'm important, and I need to take care of me.

Well that pretty much sums up what's been happening with me lately. My 30th birthday (yuck!) is coming up in two weeks, so if I don't post before then, I'm sure I'll have a b-day post with pics of my wild and crazy time. :)

No comments: