Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday happenings

Since I haven't posted much lately, I figured I better give an update as to what's been happening with me. I've now been in Ohio for over 7 weeks, and I'm enjoying quality time with my family and best friend. I'd like to say it's been completely wonderful, but to be honest, it's been hard being away from Eric -- especially during the holidays. The longest we'd ever been apart before this was 3 weeks. We still talk every couple days, but I'm making a conscious effort to make myself a priority and focus on what I want and need. Overall, I'm doing well and have so much to be thankful for.

While I'm disappointed to say that I haven't lost any additional weight since leaving Idaho, I am proud to note that I haven't gained any back either. With all of the holiday chaos and yummy snacks consumed over the last month, I'd say that's an accomplishment. Additionally, I'm excited to say that Santa (aka Mom and Dad) brought me an exercise bike for Christmas, which is something I've really been wanting to get me through the winter months. I've started using it over the last week, and I love it! I miss being able to ride my bike outside, but this will definitely help to fill the void while it's cold. Now that the holidays are over, I'll be stepping up my workout routine and getting back to eating like before. I jump started the new year with a great workout today...8 miles on the bike, 100 jumping jacks, 20 push ups and 20 crunches. I may go for round 2 tonight if I get bored. :)

On Christmas day, my parents and I went to my brother's apartment about 10 minutes away. We got to watch the kids open their gifts, and it was a lot of fun. They opened presents at home with their mom in the morning and then came to their dad's the rest of the day. I think they were very happy to get to spend time with both their parents on Christmas. Mom and I prepared a yummy meal of ham, cheesy potatoes, corn, beans, rolls and dirty dessert. We were all stuffed! Here are a couple pics of the kids opening their presents and posing for the camera...



In addition to my exercise bike, my parents got me a couple of exercise tank tops, a pair of jeans, a couple shirts, some bras and panties, an Indianapolis Colts lamp and some toiletries. Plus Eric sent me an awesome "girlified" Peyton Manning jersey that I love. I'll post a pic sometime soon, since Ill definitely be wearing it for Saturday night's playoff game against the Chargers. :) I am so lucky to have people who love and spoil me! I also attended a Christmas Eve service with my mom at her church, and I know she enjoyed having me there with her. It was a really nice service. Oh yeah, a couple weeks ago we attended a Christmas party for a subcontractors' association that Mom's company is affiliated with. This is a crappy pic, but since nobody has seen me in a dress in the last few years, I thought I'd share...

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season, and I wish you all a peaceful and prosperous 2009!

No comments: